Cameron Highlands Tea Plantation, Malaysia

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

China Milk Scandal

The current milk scandal in China has triggered a public outcry. People are now more wary about dairy products on the shelves in the wake of the melamine scare in China.

The first thing that struck my mind was to examine all the labels of the food at home. Fortunately, nothing seems to be of a brand with tainted products but one thing's for sure, most people will definitely not be buying any dairy products imported from China anymore.

As a parent, it is heart-wrenching to hear that the contaminated milk powder has sickened 53,000 kids in China. I believe the number of sick would continue to rise. I'm sure those kids who are affected are bound to be terribly painful and undergoing an unpleasant experience. This is a sad thing indeed.

Regardless, I hope this issue will be resolved soon. I wonder what other phenomenon might occur that has yet to be uncovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment