Cameron Highlands Tea Plantation, Malaysia

Monday, April 9, 2012

Our World - Universal Studios Singapore: Madagascar

A visit to Madagascar zone allows visitors to meet the wacky Madagascar characters including Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Melman the Giraffe, Gloria the hippo and the notorious penguins. My kids enjoyed it so much that we stayed here for a few hours just for this attraction.


DSC_5065
The land's entertaining attraction is A Crate Adventure, an indoor boat ride based on the popular Dreamworks animated movies. While some people have described the ride as a little too tame, it suits me just fine and I think that is exactly what makes it a friendly family ride.


Desktop1
If you're a big fan of the movie and have a soft spot for the characters then you’ll enjoy every moment of it. There are some fun surprises and whimsical things from characters positioned at various junctures throughout the ride.


DSC_5126
Another fun attraction we enjoyed was King Julien’s Beach Party-Go-Round, a massive carousal with Madagascar characters but my only disappointment was the ride was way too short.


DSC_5180
After the ride, we had lunch at Marty's Casa Del Wild which was based on the restaurant owned by Marty the zebra in the movie. The food was not particularly delicious but I loved the innovative setting of the restaurant.


Desktop2-001
The characters also performed the theme song' I Like To Move It', what a great entertainment! I didn’t notice Marty the Zebra in the live performance though, he’s my all-time favourite and Melman the giraffe was probably too tall, so I think the star attraction of this show was the fun-loving lord of the lemurs, King Julien.


DSC_5131
Before moving to another zone, I couldn't leave without taking a few shots of our friends. I thought the best way to bring them home was through my photos. :)

Our World

24 comments:

  1. What a really fun. They make us smile.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I have yet to watched this movie in its entirety! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I don't mind going here with my babies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonza photos. Being a big kid at heart in enjoyed both Madagascar movies :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like great fun!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what fun!! I would love to go there! Great captures for the day and thanks for sharing the fun!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful shots of the place. Great fun for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks really fun...why is it so far away?

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, they're all adorable! i had a great at Universal Studios in California, and i'm sure the one in Singapore is just as fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. must be so much fun!
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am calling by today as another Our World Tuesday participant, not a fan of the film but great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing that they have invested so much money on a park dedicated to just one movie. I guess it must be very popular. I haven't seen it yet... Now I think I will!
    Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. enjoyed the movie with my son and nieces and nephews.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Universal Studios, I have been there in Orlando and LA, but not yet in Singapore. I heard they have a fantastic coaster.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun! We really like the Madagascar cartoons so it is not just for kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wonderful memories. I love this part of USSG. Fun photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So the food was just so-so? We had lunch at the Dino place, and the food there was very disappointing.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Expensive but seriously not worth the price. I don't mind if they charge a high price if the food is yummy, but I left the Dino resto very angry.. wrote abt it at my food blog tsk tsk tsk....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, like you I too liked the ambience of the Dino foodcourt but the food was so-so only...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh u got to watch the characters perform, how cool! Cute pics sweetie he he.. :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL love the penguins, so cute esp the short one on the right hahhahahahhaha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Thursday dearie, I am off to bed! :D:D

    ReplyDelete