Cameron Highlands Tea Plantation, Malaysia

Friday, November 6, 2009

Scrumptious Egg tarts

It was a rainy, chilly afternoon and I had this sudden crave for portuguese egg tarts and if you've not tasted this irresistible dessert before, you're missing out on some sweet, mouth-watering, fragrant egg custard.

In my previous trip to Macau, I had the best, authentic Portuguese Egg Tarts and the entire tart was tasty enough to be gobbled up in seconds. The crust was flaky and richly creamy and the custard was smooth and sinfully delicious. Those were the best portuguese egg tarts I ever had in my lifetime.

So far, one of the better egg tarts I've tasted can be found in Carnarvon St, Penang. Never mind the price, the egg tarts here are very enticing to the taste buds, in terms of its delicate flaky pastry, freshness and wobbly filling. The eggs-cellent treats are selling like hot cakes the moment they arrived at the shop.

Personally, I prefer the Portuguese style egg tarts to the normal egg tarts. While the original version at times crumbly and less flaky, the Portuguese egg tart literally tasted much better and I could feel the fragrant custard oozing out on first bite. The sweetness is just perfect for me. Hmmm........incredibly yummy.

Hungry now? I am.

First Commenter - Monica

18 comments:

  1. i love portuguese egg tarts and pandan flavored egg tarts too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mon! so early! Hi Ramblings!

    happy weekend to you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm missing those egg tarts,back hoe I love eating the egg pie there. It's the same just in a bigger scale =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both egg tart & Portuguese egg tart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love egg tarts LR! So yummy and the pastry has got to taste good too, nice and flaky! Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great weekend sweetie, don work too hard now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like creme brulee! I am there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Must be made by a real Portuguese in Macau. The fist image looks so enticing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luckily I do not read this in the early morning before my breakfirst time. Otherwise, how can I resist the temptation?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both Portuguese egg tarts and the normal Chinese egg tarts! Yummylicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the egg tarts looked so mouth watering! i prefer the portugese (baked?) egg tart more than the usual one as well. somehow the process adds to its flavour, making it richer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! tarts! they look so big. lol...must be very filling and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, those egg tarts look so good! Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete