Cameron Highlands Tea Plantation, Malaysia

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

RIP dear Father In law


It has been a sad, heart wrenching week for my family. My beloved father-in-law (FIL) passed away peacefully, a few days ago after a long battle with heart disease. He was aged 83.

My FIL has been in the hospital a few times in the past few years for heart and related complications. He was readmitted to the hospital again last week after suffering breathing problems.

As he was getting weak and breathless, he was confined to the hospital intensive care unit, with intravenous tubes and drips. And for a few days, an oxygen mask helped him to breathe which he absolutely hated. He shook his head sorrowfully with eyes closed, at the thought of going home. He must have been frustrated with all the pain and suffering he went through. He looked as though he had given up on life. Perhaps he thought that he had achieved a ripe old age.

When my FIL regained consciousness, through written notepad, he insisted he be taken back home. In the back of my mind, I knew that he was soon going to leave us very soon and at the same time he didn't want to die in the hospital. Eventually we took him home with all the necessary apparatus he would need to help him breathe.

His health began to take a sudden turn for the worse last week. After two battles with heart complications in a few weeks of hospitalisation, he passed away peacefully that night. We cried for him to fight on as we witnessed his final breath. However, it is a blessing that he no longer having to suffer and that he has been freed from his pain.

Memories of him will remain in our hearts forever. I miss him heaps.


First Commenter - Denesa

26 comments:

  1. Oh dear, no wonder you have not been posting for a while. Do take care. With deepest regards.....

    By the way, I am giving you an award, do check it out at my blog when you have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! No wonder you've been busy, big hugs for u LR and may your FIL's soul rest in peace. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very sorry to hear about the passing of your father-in-law. Do take good care of yourself and your family members' health during this period of grief and sadness. My sincere and heartfelt condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry LR! My condolence to your family. It is always hard for someone who is very close to your to leave right? :( My life was literally wreaked when my beloved mum left me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is better for him to leave. No disrespect but if I were on the bed lying helplessly I would wanna go too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe he is in heaven right now. No more pain and worries. I'm sure he is happy to see how filial all of you are. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Condolences, LR.

    He is in a much better place. May he Rest In Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My condolences to your family.

    May your FIL rest in peace.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My condolences too, to your family.
    Do take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry to hear about this. My condolences to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My deepest condolences to you and your family. Having lost my mother in recent months after a long and very painful 7 week hospital stay, I understand your loss. I know you will miss him in many ways as time marches on; but I too understand the relief of knowing he no longer needs to suffer.

    What a beautiful photo, your costume at the funeral looks very different than ours here in the States.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear about this! My condolences to your family. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry to hear about your FIL. Now I know why you were not able to post after the last one. It's a relief to think that he had ended his sufferings but deep in our hearts, it's always a grief when someone leave us for good. My condolences and may he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. no wonder you haven't been around for quite a while. oh my, i am so sorry to hear about it, may him rest in peace. you take care too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. my condolences to you and your family. take care too

    ReplyDelete
  16. My great sympathy and condolence to you and your family. I am sure everyone will miss him!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to say goodbye to a loved one. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Im so sorry to hear that LR.. My deepest condolences to you & your family.. Take care! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry to hear about your loss, that explains why you've been off blogging for a while. Just like our previous loss it felt so much better seeing him off knowing he will no longer suffer.

    My condolences to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My condolences are with you.

    Yes his presence will always be in your hearts.

    ReplyDelete