Cameron Highlands Tea Plantation, Malaysia

Monday, February 7, 2011

My World - Swarovski Crystal World

Does the name Swarovski ring a bell to you? I'm sure most of you have heard of it. Swarovski is the brand name for a wide range of precisely-cut crystal glass and other related luxury products. They have been world famous for over a hundred years.


DSC_0874
During our last trip to Innsbruck, we made our way to the Swarovski Kristallwelten (Crystal World) at Wattens.


DSC_0868
The entrance to Swarovski's crystal-themed park Kristallwelten/Crystal World features a giant head fountain and he spouts waterfall, like a flowing tongue into a fountain pool. He also has huge crystals eyes and it portrays the sense that someone is always watching over your shoulder.

DSC_0885
Inside the museum, you will find fascinating world of art all involving around the theme of crystals. Unfortunately, it was not opened when we arrived but having to enjoy the views of the surrounding was good enough for me though. Its setting alone is breathtaking. I spent quite a fair amount of time wandering around taking pictures.

DSC_0888
The vast area is surrounded by mountainous snow capped alps and instantly, I was filled with a soothing sense of tranquility and the richness of my surroundings.


DSC_0913
We climbed up the observatory and here we noticed a shrubbery maze which looks pretty cool but we didn't venture in.


DSC_0900-1
In addition to the Swarovski museum, there is also a Swarovski factory where crystal is produced and shipped all over the world.


DSC_0877
Along the way, we spotted the large format letters all encrusted with thousands of Swarovski Crystals in colours spell out the message YES TO ALL. Gazing at the sparkling crystals, I can't help wondering how much the crystal embellishment costs them.


DSC_0925
If you are into crystals, specifically Swarovski and you're in Innsbruck for a visit, go to the museum and garden in Wattens. There will be something to take your breath away.

Directions:Follow the signs Kristallwelten which is available everywhere in Wattens.

That's My World

29 comments:

  1. It's too bad the museum was closed, but the setting in those mountains is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really into crystals but the scenery is fantastic :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning LR, hope u have not left for Shanghai yet.. wanna say goodbye! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that giant head fountain is magnificent! First time seeing it wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful trip okay and bring home more interesting pics for us to view and admire! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful week ahead and safe flight too, hugs! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, your photos surely took my breath away! I can only imagine what it would be like to see all of this for real!! Terrific post for the day and I really enjoyed learning about Swarovski! Hope you have a great week! Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL on the cool landscape, the rest is breath taking !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had no idea this existed!! My mother loved Swarovski - which buying presents easy if somewhat expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shots of the place. The entrance is very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They do indeed take my breath away. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen these all over the place. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! That backdrop looks like a painting, it's spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I would LOVE to go here as I have collected this crystal for years. And what a spectacular setting it is in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what an interesting place to visit! i would love such a trip.

    I have a Swarovski heart pendant which is one of my favourite jewellry.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do you get to buy the crystals at a special discount? :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wonder how the place looks at night. These are all stunning photos at daytime.

    Oh, that place is like heaven on earth, with all the crystals, and white snow backdrops.

    Their brand name (or was it brand promise?) YES TO ALL intrigued me.

    YES TO ALL coz everyone are welcome there (just my thought). :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not into crystals, but I'm definitely into that Swarovski Kristallwelten. The scenery is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowie nice surrounding so cool and fresh feeling. YES YES TO ALL hahaha..Looked at the water its so kristall clear. Awesome place to spend the day..tQ.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks to everyone for your kind visit and I appreciate your wonderful comments.

    Mariuca,
    Thanks so much for your kind wishes. My trip to Shanghai is still pending approval. I'm not sure if i've enough time to take many pictures there as it's going to be a short business trip. but we'll see, i'll keep my fingers crossed. hope your week is going well too.

    ECL,
    As far as i could tell, it's a huge tourist trap with high prices for foreigners at Wattens. i think there are better deals in the local shops in Innsbruck as they offer discounts!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my. This place is so beautiful and I love the fountain. It's hilarious!!!
    Thanks for sharing and commenting on my entry.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Yoshi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, that's pretty awesome! The sign is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You took very nice pictures in the wonderful Salzkammergut, Life Ramblings!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like an amazing place to visit and the scenery looks stunning. I may not be into Swarovski but I would love to visit...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful shots.

    These crystals command some price too you know. But they are just pretty and shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the giant head fountain! Awesone view! Wish I was there! : )

    ReplyDelete
  27. Though I've visited 45 countries, I've not been to Austria since I was a small child. The Swarovski museum sounds like a lovely place to visit, especially because of its setting. I have friends in the area,not far from Interlaken, Switzerland, another fairy tale setting and, after spending a few days with them, my girlfriend and I stayed a couple of nights there
    ( on both visits ). It is just so beautiful. I love the ocean but there is so much beauty, also, in places far from the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is such a cool building (in the hill). I visited the Swarovski display in NY at Christmas and it was pretty cool. I must say though the area look a bit like Utah instead of Austria. I don't know what I thought it would look like.

    ReplyDelete