Cameron Highlands Tea Plantation, Malaysia

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Skywatch - Winter wonderland in Moscow

During our last day in Moscow of March, we went for a leisurely walk nearby the Moscow River.


DSC_0075
It was a fine day with white clouds floating in the blue sky but the weather was too cold and my hands were numb. I could not even talk and was unable to take many pictures. The bitter cold wave told me that the journey ahead would be tough though we had prepared carefully.


DSC_0072
We braced ourselves against the chill wind from the peak all the way to the river bank. As we made our way down the bank, I couldn't help but admire the beauty of the snow.


DSC_0078
Along the way, we saw a nice ski jump hill


DSC_0085
After a long walk down the hill, we finally reached the river bank. I was filled with a soothing sense of tranquility and calmness and I felt so small standing there in the open area.


DSC_0091
Looking across the Moscow river is the Moscow Olympics Complex


DSC_0129
The snowy scenery literally took my breath away. Despite the bitter cold, I enjoyed walking around from sight to sight and getting the taste of Moscow's beautiful landscape. It was a refreshing change as we never get to see snow in our homeland.


DSC_0065
The Moscow skyline from the riverside is amazingly beautiful too.

This is my entry for Skywatch this week. Hope you enjoy these photos of the snowy landscape in Moscow.

32 comments:

  1. I felt the chills just by looking at your photos, LR!

    But I do love the sight of white snow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. Your photos are stunning. It must have been beautiful to have seen it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What delightful, different views of Moscow than you usually see! I know it had to be freezing, but what gorgeous skies! Your photos are superb! Thank you for the tour of a place you don't often see -- at least not like this and I love it! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing shots. All around snow and in the middle river. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life Ramblings, your first photo reminded me about my first encounter with Moscow, many years ago, when going into the city from the Sheremetievo airport I passed near birch trees woods. I love birch tree, and their white silhouette are even greater on snow.

    I like also your second photo, the green church put into light by the snow. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the snowy pics LR, I miss snowy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't take the cold cause if my sinus problem but I sure love snow! :D I can imagine how cold it was when u were here.. how lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness for the rain tonight, feel a little chilly now brrrrr! :) Oh and TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the days when there is snow on the ground while the sun is shining overhead.

    have a lovely weekend.

    Ewok

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shots, it is neat see what Moscow looks like. For some reason I never imagined skycrapers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The snow and blue skies are beautiful, but there will be no ski jumping for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful! And they have snow in March? Thanks for sharing!
    Sky Watch

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, that looks very cold indeed. but that layer of white blanket sure does make it look so much more inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brrrrrr to cold for me, fantastic photos just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been to St. Petersburg but not Moscow. I long to visit there some day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful shots of Moscow! Blue sky and sunshine...love this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely views of Moscow. Gorgeous snow... I enjoyed this walk! The cold is bearable as long as we wrap up and keep moving...

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice shots in the freezing snow,Moscow looks very modern.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for this post. It brings so many memories. I know every spot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely pictures of Moscow - thanks for sharing

    cheers from Uruguay :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for braving the snow and the cold to get these beautiful pictures. The snow is indeed gorgeous to see. I didn't realize that Moscow was so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your photos leave me feeling good, refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brr that looks cold! It's 34C here in tropical Malaysia. But I would like to go sledging on that hill!

    It’s not Wordless Wednesday yet but I’m so excited that I can’t wait: my romance novel Blackmail Bride is out! It's in Kindle, B&N and Sony ebook format as well as PDF.

    Check out the first chapter for free at http://www.ink-slinger.com/Products/151-blackmail-bride.aspx.

    10% goes to Friends Furry Farm, a no kill animal sanctuary in Malaysia.

    Can you flash this to your friends who like Mills and Boon style romance?

    See you Wednesday! Katz (And Other) Tales

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely set of photos, i particularly like the ski jump hill one

    Have a lovely Sunday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. It must've been better if there are people around enjoying the snow.

    ReplyDelete