Cameron Highlands Tea Plantation, Malaysia

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Scenic Sunday - Tis the season

For Scenic Sunday, I'm sharing a series of Christmas photos from my recent vacation in Singapore. Since Christmas is just a few weeks away, decorations have already been put up in hotels, stores and shopping malls. The festive mood is just contagious and I could already feel the Christmas spirit in the air. They also had Christmas music playing everywhere!

Here are some shots of my early Christmas experience in VivoCity.

DSC_5703
Looking along the main gallery, there are strings of Christmas lights lit up all along the glass railings. I think the green tiled roof adds greatly to the lovely decoration.

DSC_5726
Lots of stalls selling a wide array of Christmas goodies but I did not buy anything! I only look and take photos. :)


DSC_3884
Along the way we were greeted by a delightful Christmas tree dressed in glittering ribbons and shiny baubles.


DSC_3878
Adorable puppies grinning happily enjoying the occasion. I would gladly love to have them decorating my home.


DSC_3877
Vibrant colours of poinsettia and shiny ornaments vying for attention


DSC_3875
Cheery baubles waving from the distance welcoming everyone.


DSC_5686
And here is VivoCity’s iconic 105 feet tall Christmas tree festively decorated with twinkling lights bringing pure joy of the season.

I just love this time of year. And to be with family and friends made it even more memorable and joyful.

22 comments:

  1. Welcome back! This is the time Bananaz would enjoy those glittering ribbons and shiny baubles. Lovely decor and pixz. tQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Singapore is hipping up for Xmas and Orchard Road will be a grand site for Xmas deco:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonza photos i especially like the christmas tree in the last photo and the cute reindeer puppies :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it ironic that in years when the economy is good that Christmas is protested against and when it's a lean year then everyone is for it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. People celebrate Christmas in Singapore Christmas! I didn't know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and festive. I love the cute puppies. The last christmas tree is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Happy Scenic Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy early Christmas. They look very happy and enjoyable. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a spectacular shopping center, and so nicely decorated for Christmas. There's nothing like that in my little city. Excellent shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Singapore is really amazing in their christmas decorations. I haven't been to vivo city.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that green roof it lightens up the shopping area beautifully with the colours of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Singapore always has the best decorations throughout the year for so many festivities ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. My beloved friend
    Welcome back!
    Wonderful Christmas photos!!!
    Indeed, the decor, the huge trees trimmed, make me feel child!
    Christmas and for me, means family and warmth!
    many kisses

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice pictures with a pleasant Christmas atmosphere. I wish you a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's time of the year again. Merry Christmas. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, so festive! I can see why it's worth a visit during the holiday season. That 105 ft. Christmas tree lights practically make the area look like day time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The lighted Christmas tree in the last photo is awesome. I love this season too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the last photo - the Christmas tree looks awesome! : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Holidays! I felt this season just by looking at these photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I only spent 36 hours in Singapore on the way to Australia but I loved it!!! I like the green ceiling tiles too, as well as the massive Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thought the puppies were reindeers at first, so cute and fluffy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So did u shop a lot in Sg? I mostly ate, shopped a little and played slots a lot ha ha! :D:D

    ReplyDelete