Cameron Highlands Tea Plantation, Malaysia

Friday, December 30, 2011

PhotoHunt - Gather

I'm going back to Rome for this week's photohunt theme.

DSC_0686
DSC_0694

This is a view of Rome's most popular steps, The Spanish Steps, also known as Scalinata Spagna.

It's usually busy with locals and tourists in the evening where they gather and relax on the steps while enjoying the sunset. I didn't stay long as the place was tremendously crowded and noisy and it's not a place where I would spent a long period of time in. I also had to be vigilant of my belongings as there are a few pick-pocketers wandering around the area.

The steps was built in 1723 and has 138 steps leading to the church of Trinita dei Monti located right at the top. I also found out that the Spanish Steps were named after the Spanish Embassy to the Vatican in the 17th century that was nearby.

In the past, women used to stand on the steps to be discovered by male suitors. I don't know how true this is but I wonder if this still happens today.

PhotoHunt

27 comments:

  1. It is veryy crowded a great gathering spot.

    Happy New Year.

    I enjoyed your posts this year. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful place to be in Rome, Life Ramblings! I was also there on a December day but I would like to go in spring, when it is full of flowers.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonza photos. You could call the Spanish Steps 1. The Steps of Love. 2. The Steps of Heartbreak :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you a happy new year!
    Greetings from Switzerland
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the house John Keats lived in was somewhere beside the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow.. alot of people gathered there and enjoying the time spending together.

    Happy Hunting.
    Happy New Year to you.

    http://keeyit.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks beautiful place and it's so crowded because of the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely take on the theme!

    Wish you and yours a super 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos -- but have to admit that the crowds in it make it so that I'm happy to see the Spanish Steps in your photos instead of being there having to be in that crowd! ;O

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that's a big gathering ! Very nice picture !

    My photo meme "Saturday's Photo Hunting" is here

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always wondered why everyone gathers around the Spanish Steps as there are far more beautiful places in Rome to gather!! I've been three or four times and just don't get the appeal. LOL

    Great shot for this week's theme.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic shots for the theme. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll gather in Rome anytime!
    Happy New Year from the Saturday PhotoHunt.
    I hope to see y'all next Saturday ~ bring your BLING!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mom says she had a wonderful pizza at a cafe right near the Spanish Steps. Mom loved Rome.

    Happy New Year!
    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bello ! Bellissimo ! Rome is beautiful ! Lovely spanish steps :0) Been there a lot :0) Have a Happy New Year ! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect for the theme. Visiting form PH! Happy New Year!

    http://mommyko.com/2011/12/nathan-and-chris-gifts.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow so many ppl visiting Rome, wish I was in the crowd too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wanna climb up the Spanish steps one day, you're so lucky to have been here sweetie, cherish the memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. that's a pretty crowded steps...i won't last long here, even when waiting for a suitor to find me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful gatherings... Great photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, so crowded. I think the only thing women can pick up here is other tourists.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It remember me my youth when I'd a trip in Rome...
    Greetings from France,

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete