Cameron Highlands Tea Plantation, Malaysia

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Skywatch - Night views of Shanghai Bund

Every time I visit Shanghai I would paid a visit to the Bund which is one of the most recognisable symbols of this spectacular city. It is not only impressive in the day time, it's also a great spot to enjoy Shanghai's night life when the buildings sparkle and shine with hundreds of flashing lights.


Picture 019
The Bund houses dozens of historical buildings of various architectural styles lining the Huangpu River.


Picture 102
Together with the locals and tourists, we stood on the waterfront promenade overlooking the Huangpu River and marveled at the multi-coloured lights of Pudong on the other side of the river.


Picture 165
Standing tall above the rest is The Oriental Pearl Tower that is quintessentially Shanghai. The night was quite foggy but I like the misty atmosphere I captured in this shot.


Picture 159
While gazing across the river, we noticed different cargo vessels, tourist ferries and even small locals boats passed by the Bund. I think that adds to the charm and beauty of the entire area.

I took all these shots without a tripod, just hand held, holding my breath and I like the way they turned out. Hope you like them too.

Skywatch

21 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful city with lots of light. I like the orange color and the tall buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are amazing. Lovely shots, LR. :)

    Mentioning the Bund always makes me think of Chow Yuen Fatt and the TV series. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a gorgeous scene at night all lit up like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots - so colourful and full of life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaaaaaa, FANTASTIC !!!!!
    The top of the BEAUTY !!!!!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific captures and fantastic night skies! It is a spectacular place! Hope you have a lovely weekend! Happy SWF!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a skills you have in capturing these night shots without tripod? I wish I can photograph this clearly even without the use of tripod.

    Beautiful nightlife in Shanghai.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting and fantastic photos

    Rui Pires - OLHAR D'OURO - Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much for this interesting pictures.
    I like it.
    Greetings
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic photos, my favourite is the third photo with the boat all lit up and it's very striking fin that stands out to great effect :-).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like these photos very much -- they turned out great even if you didn't have a tripod.
    I've always wanted to visit Shanghai, but I haven't made it there yet. Thanks for the beautiful views.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a beautiful city, I love all the night lights. Great shots, happy skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful night views of the Shangai city.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job and without a tripod! The details, colors, and light are all fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Night time in the city is my favourite time for taking pictures, that is when the city truly comes alive.

    You have done a fantastiac job without a tripod, my efforts can be a hit or miss without one, mostly a miss...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic photos of the night sky with all those pretty lights, looks like a fun night out

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shanghai looks magical at night! I love the mix of oriental and futuristic. Hmmm, I would love to visit there now having seen this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of them are very nice, Life Ramblings. it's a city I would like to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wah without a tripod!? i love all the pics!! ;)

    ReplyDelete