Cameron Highlands Tea Plantation, Malaysia

Friday, April 23, 2010

PhotoHunt - Addiction

I've always loved chocolates and it is a strong addiction that I can't break free from. If you love chocolates of any kind, the Sachertorte is a must have when visiting Vienna. I can't say it is the most amazing desert I have ever tasted, but it's something everyone ought to experience at least once in a lifetime!

DSC_0350
For those who may not be so familiar with this cake, the Original Sacher-Torte has been the world's famous cake since 1832 and the original recipe is a well-kept secret. I was told that there were hundreds of imitations of this dessert to date, but it's highly recommended to go to Hotel Sacher itself where it was originally created.


DSC_0397
The Sacher cake is made of chocolate sponge cake with a thin coated apricot jam in the center and dark chocolate icing coating the entire cake. Each slice is traditionally served with a huge dollop of unsweetened whipped cream. The cake is slightly dry yet it tastes best with a portion of the whipped cream. I enjoy the less sweet taste of it and the chalky feel of dark, dark chocolate.


DSC_0352
And one piece is definitely not enough to fill my chocolate addiction. There's no time to even think about the calories. So I had two slices of tortes of different varieties along with the outstanding cuppa coffee to soothe my addiction.

DSC_0344
This is the plush cafe outside the Hotel Sacher overlooking the Vienna streets. It's a great feeling being able to sit here enjoying my cravings and the atmosphere is very inviting, personal and welcoming. It’s not just about enjoying the delightful cakes, but also to get a taste of Austria’s traditional coffee-house culture with the Sacher flair.

DSC_0355
Having a cuppa coffee here is sure to please even for those non-coffee drinkers like me. For my choice of coffee, I choose Wiener melange, a Viennese blend of coffee and milk foam. It has a comforting creamy quality and is typically dusted with cocoa powder. If you're a coffee lover, this is definitely the place to satisfy your daily addiction to coffee.



First Commenter - Autumn Belle

39 comments:

  1. This is really really irresistible! I want all these too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chocolate too, but I can just imagine how nice is the Sachertorte.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate and coffee, my fave combination, it all looks so good LR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL ur so skinny no need to worry abt the calories mah... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one addiction I wouldn't mind succumbing into. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't get any better than chocolate and coffee. The cakes look amazing and I love the shot of Austria. Great post for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! Now how can I get someone to sponsor me there? :P

    http://crizcats.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow..have never heard of that cake but it sure looked yummy. And I like dark chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my god...i am going to get full by the time i finish my rounds...what lovely chocolate photos you have here!

    thanks for sharing.



    _________________


    my previous post is meant for another blog...lol...sorry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaaaah... Vienna... where I had the largest slice of cake, complete with sizable amount of amazing whipped creame, ever!!! Aaaah... memories! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Before scrolling down, i thought the cake is a big piece of chocolate! Looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No one would mind if you keep feeding your addiction. Those are most mouth watering pics I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love anything that has chocolate in it! Gosh....the cakes look so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Um Chocolate???? COUNT ME IN!!!! Looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What elegant and posh take on the theme, dear!! lovely shots too. I must be the only person in the world who takes off the marmalade from the Sacher Torte...sorry about that. Our Vienna friend took us to this cafe, also wonderful.

    Happy PH and happy weekend.

    addiction

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cake looks so special...how come on top of it there is sometihng like a "Seal" :p must be expensive huh!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh so good looking! I now want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  19. now i really want a piece of that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chocolate AND coffee in the perfect place. Oh Yes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really the cakes are very nice.I love chocolate, but with coffee it's a great combination. Thanks for sharing.Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love chocolate and that is some decadent looking desserts. Looks like a very devine little cafe to enjoy such fine desserts!

    Here's my personal addicition

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic that Cake. But don't eat to much;)
    Guess what I present this week?
    Something for you, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Not only the place is nice but i can see that the cake is super smooth...very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh those look so good. I love chocolate but only in small doses.

    ReplyDelete
  26. aloha,

    i like your own interpretation of addiction who wouldn't want more sacrecake especially when your in Vienna!

    come and check out my addiction on my sari blog, come join if you feel inspired.

    http://noelmorata.blogspot.com/2010/04/words-that-inspire.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my word! So sweet! I'm getting a headache just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Chocolate & coffee, it is a dessert lovers paradise! Is that why so many people are at this cafe? :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh yes, chocolate always gets me too.
    Your photo's are great - makes me want some chocolate and coffee now.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Tekkaus,

    the seal on top of the cake is to signify its authenticity from the Hotel. yes, the cake is quite expensive and a slice costs around RM25.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great combination! A perfect take on the theme

    ReplyDelete
  32. That chocolate cake with whipped cream on the side is really tempting. Like you, I wouldn't mind calories if I have this cake in front of me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. i can easily be addicted to that too!

    ReplyDelete