Cameron Highlands Tea Plantation, Malaysia

Monday, March 5, 2012

Our World - Universal Studios Singapore : Hollywood

DSC_5062
Continuing on my previous post on Universal Studios Singapore, our first adventures begin in Hollywood Boulevard where it serves as the park's main entrance and is lined with vibrant architecture, palm trees, restaurants and stores selling Disney merchandise.


DSC_5454
One of the main attractions here is the broadway-style musical show which is home to the Monster Rock, a live performance featuring the infamous Universal monsters. It was still early and not opened when we arrived but closed at 7:00pm when we tried to visit in late evening.


DSC_5464
This is the Universal Studios store, filled with souvenirs from clothing and brand merchandise to awards and toys.


DSC_5460
Everything looks enticing and I spent more than SGD100 in this store alone!


DSC_5458
Along the boulevard, we also came across the Dark Room, a store that sells a wide variety of camera accessories of film, lenses, cameras and other electronic products.


DSC_5063
For those with a serious sweet tooth, you can find all your favourite treats at Superstar candies.



DSC_5046
And don't forget to get some popcorn from Pops too! Best popcorn I've ever tasted.


Desktop
Aside from checking out all the stores, I got a little starstruck when I met a few of the star characters. To name a few, Winnie Woodpecker, Kung Fu Panda’s Po and Frankenstein created a commotion when they appeared on the streets to greet people of all ages.

Our World

28 comments:

  1. It looks very fun. But if Frankenstein presses himself against me,what shall I do?
    How many Universal Studios in the world? I have gone Universal studios in LA and Osaka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The marchendising is always super.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of fun! I would love to visit such a place (can you believe I've never been to one?) I like the look of the Darkroom store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonza photos i especially like the popcorn truck :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tour!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful shots of the studio. Nice place for good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Universal Studios. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful, colorful and fun place to visit! I love it! Your photos are the next best thing to being there my self! Thank you for sharing the fun!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Universal is always fun. Looks like you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like fun and such a happy place to spend your vacation! Did you buy any souvenirs? :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, very interesting, the film world, that place can be exciting. Greetings and happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never visited such a place, never had the time with so many objectives to see. But I think that, especially for those travelling with kids, it may be a well spent day:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this place looks like so much FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quite amazing that Hollywood has been recreated there. Looks interesting and next time i am inSingapore I'll visit. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. And they have our Petaling Street roof too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love your photos. wanna go there one day. most of the time visit for business ...no time to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great tour! I love the popcorn truck.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Universal Studio Singapore is a fun place. My son has visited it many times with his friends and my overseas guests. I have yet to step in though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Universal Studios Singapore looks like a lot of fun. A few years ago I couldn't get enough of the one in Florida. I think adults enjoy themselfs as much, if not more than than the children.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy place! I enjoyed the Steven Spielberg's presentation on behind the scenes movie making here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Enjoyed your great photos and writing and seeing your adventures, look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I didn't try the popcorn, yummy is it? Have ut ried Garrett's popcorn?? Yummy too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wanna visit Sg again but won't visit USS again la.. give it a few years for new attractions and rides to be added and then I'll visit again ha ha.. :)

    ReplyDelete