Cameron Highlands Tea Plantation, Malaysia

Monday, March 19, 2012

Our World - Athens: A bustling metropolis

DSC_1342
These are some aerial views of Athens, as captured from Acropolis,


DSC_1138
with low rise buildings densely packed within the downtown area.


DSC_1216
It's definitely a bustling city and one that never seems to sleep completely. I can't imagine how noisy it must be with thousands of people living within the area and vehicles traveling at every hour of day and night.


DSC_1275
but wow, what an amazing city and one of the best things about the Acropolis is not just about the ancient ruins. It also has one of the great views of the city and as can be seen here, Lycabettus Hill is the highest point in Athens.

Our World

22 comments:

  1. It's breathtaking. I was surprised at tons of buildings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a great city, that's not nice! I prefer living on the land
    ♥Crissi♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..wish I could go there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely view of the city indeed.
    Gosh, the houses are so crowded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonza photos i especially like the 1st photo of the mountain range in the background :-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great captures! Coincidentally, I have also posted about Athens today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots of the mountains and city!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is really thick, the best example of the word "thickly populated". It is good they have cold climate or else it might resulted in negative vibes! I wonder what the gods might have said seeing their old place now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's like more crowded than KL. Wow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so congested down there...virtually everything is white (buildings). :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. It really is busy and built up. That last shot is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pics! Great memories and great food too!
    Overall, I loved Athens! But the Acropolis was a bit disappointing to me. Have in my collection of non-digital pics a similar as you last one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A city I would like to see... Even if I was in many parts of Greece, I've never been in the capital city.
    Very good shots, Life Ramblings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That hill. I want to go there. Your photos are wonderful. So wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another place I would love to visit. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't it huge? I wonder what Homer would say if he could see it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. whoa! so congested!!! but still I want to visit this place..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woooo. Brilliant photos! I can't believe how densely populated it looks there, but I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful pictures as usual!
    I was surprised that Acropolis is surrounded by the crowded buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Most people take pictures of the Acropolis, but you are doing the opposite. I like this different perspective.

    ReplyDelete