Cameron Highlands Tea Plantation, Malaysia

Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

Today marks a significant day for me as it's my birthday. That's right, another year has come and gone. Another year older, but definitely not wiser. Sigh.......As I grow older, my memory fails, my reactions deteriorate and the careless mistakes that I make become more regular. hehehe.........where birthday is concerned, mine has always been celebrated in a small scale basis. I'm not a materialistic person in the first place and I have very simple tastes in life. I've always like a fairly low-key celebration but seriously, I wouldn't have it in any other way. :-) It has been such a blessing to share fun, laughter and joy with family and friends. These are the gifts I live for everyday.

Do I smell birthday cake? Yup, hubby bought this for my b-day, a day earlier but that's perfectly ok. It's a fruit cake filled with you know, GOOD STUFF. Sinfully cool but delicious.

Incidentally, this month also marks the 13th anniversary of our marriage. It's been an amazing journey so far. We've been through a lot of upturns and downturns in life, difficult circumstances that has risen within our extended families, all kinds of unexpected situations. Despite all the obstacles that we had encountered, we are very much attached and leading a blissful life. We are thankful to have 3 healthy and crazy kids who bring us so much happiness, and a joyful extended family. I believe a woman needs to be understanding and supportive to be a good wife and mother. Apart from that, motherhood has taught me patience and to be more imaginative. So, here's many more wonderful years to come and stay.

Since it's my birthday, I'll leave you with one of my favorite songs of all time to spice up the occasion. It's Level 42's Something about You. I used to love that song and I still do. Infact, the music from the 80's and 90's brought back good memories.



Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Another Dec baby. Happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and Wedding Anniversary!

    May you have many more wonderful years to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a very happy birthday! And also Happy 13th Anniversary! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!
    Happy wedding anniversary!!
    Double happiness! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday and Wedding anniversary... May all your wishes come true eh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to you & Happy wedding anniversary!! Wishing you good health and lots of happiness in life...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!
    Peace, health and love.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!! I hope u had a blast this birthday and here's to many more to come! :):):)

    Oh I also like this song, I am a huge 80s fan YAY! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthdy and Anniversary! Sounds like you've got quite a month ahaed of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. many thanks to all of you for your sweet comments and well wishes, very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete