Cameron Highlands Tea Plantation, Malaysia

Monday, January 21, 2013

Our World - Teddy bear Museum

If you're a fan of teddy bears, you'll absolutely love this museum. We made our way to The Teddy Bear Museum at the Namsan Seoul Tower in Seoul. It houses a vast collection of past and present teddy bears dressed beautifully in different costumes.

As opposed to most other museums I visited, this one is cute and amusing. I have not seen so many teddy bears in one place. I was pleasantly surprised with the unique presentations and cool set up. The curators truly has a sense of humour.

The gallery is grouped into two sections: Exhibition Hall 1 which features the historical Seoul whereas Exhibition Hall 2 introduces interesting facets of modern Seoul.

Desktop3-001
The above pictures depict scenes of the past appearances of various historical events.


Desktop3-002
Equally impressive is the modern day scenes featuring various aspects of Seoul lifestyle. It's really fascinating to learn how Seoul has changed and developed over time from the olden to modern days.


DSC_8497
I know I got a bit carried away taking pictures of these adorable teddy bears but everything looked so adorable.


DSC_8520
Like other tourist attractions, there's also a souvenir shop at the museum. I bought a little cute bear as most everyone else seems to have done. Not that expensive and they are made with the most expensive materials.

Our World

26 comments:

  1. What an interesting museum. My children love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so lovely I like teddies!
    Nice week
    Crissi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Teddy Bears, it must be delighted to see them, I love Teds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's adorable. Plus, I bet every child visitor must go home with a bear from the gift shop.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the depiction of historical events.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are adorable and cuddly looking bears!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how delightful!! I love all those bears and and I bet the children do, too!! Terrific capture for the day and a fun look at your world! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, awesome. I haven't visited one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute museum. Never heard of such a museum before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A child's dream come true! Delightful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!! I missed this Teddy Bear museum when I was in Seoul. I will make a note to remind me to visit the next trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Teddy Bear Museum! How cute!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, I love all these cute teddy bears. The sunglass bears are one of my favorites, how cute! Thansk for sharing your post. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great spot!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the teddies... You would have loved the windows of Printemps in Paris a few years ago when every window was animated with Teddy Bears... Lovely photos.

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great way of displaying Teddy Bears.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You made me hard to bear just wanna hug & kiss the cute bear with sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  18. that should be a fun visit for kids and kids at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think I remember this place when I visited the tower, but totally forgot about it until I saw your pictures. Who isn't a fan of teddy bears?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eh! I missed this interesting place when I visited Korea. I might go again to Seoul this year.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG! Teddy Bear museum? My sister would love this one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh! That's ridiculously cute! I like the popstar teddy the best!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL what a fantastic museum! I would definitely want to visit this adorable fluffy museum too hahahaha, so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. And the souvenir shop!! How nice to shop for all sorts of cute teddy bears there, awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I bet your kids enjoyed this museum as well ha ha.. :)

    ReplyDelete