Cameron Highlands Tea Plantation, Malaysia

Friday, January 7, 2011

PhotoHunt - The Secret Garden @ 1 Utama, PJ

Having heard so much about the Secret Garden on the roof-top of 1 Utama shopping complex, it was enlightening to finally visit this botanical wonder during Christmas season.

Previously closed to the public, the garden has now opened its doors and welcome visitors since 2009.


Picture 722
There is a special elevator leading to the roof top. The moment we stepped out of the elevator, I was greeted by the beds of various species of flowers and landscaping plants.


Picture 741
It 's amazing to see such beautiful plants as far as the eye can see.


2010-12-25
There are many trees, small waterfalls, leafy and floral plants, creeping vines , succulents and cactis. It’s worth coming to 1 Utama for that alone.


Picture 765
Even the archway is so inviting.


Picture 759
The entire environment is quiet and provides a welcome respite from the maddening crowd and noise of the shopping complex.


Picture 743
I admire the lush greenery that surrounds me and I could hear the birds chirping happily and the sound of water splashing into the pond is most soothing and relaxing but a word of caution. Do take good care of your camera as there are lots of water spray that dispenses a cooling rejuvenating mist spray wherever you go.


As admission is free, you only need to register at the entrance garden and collect a free copy of the garden brochure.

I was amazed to discover that this Secret Garden is an experimental garden using novel technologies to grow 500 species of interesting, rare and unusual plants in an open tropical roof -top environment. The soil medium is based on granulated horticultural carbon (a form of charcoal). Chilled water is provided by sprinklers at night.

Located on the rooftop of 1-Utama Shopping Centre's New Wing in Petaling Jaya, it is only open to the public on weekends, 10am - 6pm.

If you're a garden enthusiast and if you need some time to unwind, I'm sure you'll enjoy the serenity of this green wonder. This is a remarkable garden that has to be seen to be appreciated.

PhotoHunt

33 comments:

  1. Awesome! As I am a passionate gardener myself, this would be something for me to visit, Life Ramblings! Thank you for showing me this beautiful garden. I will make sure to visit if I will happen someday in that part of the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful garden :) I think that its great that it's free to enjoy for all as well! Happy 2011 and photo hunting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a fantastic garden. Great shots of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beautiful place. I love that archway too. Your photos are gorgeous!

    Annie
    http://www.slowtrav.com/blog/annienc/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fascinating garden!! love your choice for the free theme.
    Photohunt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a lovely place to visit :)

    Happy New Year!

    Julie
    http://teacherjulie.com/2011/01/08/stuffed-animals-we-need-a-new-home/

    ReplyDelete
  7. like a beautiful escape from city life.

    i like all the greenery, very soothing.

    happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, wonderful!
    I don't know if I will rich that point in my travels!
    Amazing!
    I wish you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great place to visit. The blooms are gorgeous. Have a great weekend.

    Liz @ MLC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Life Rambling,
    I must say I have been in One Utama for many many years but never walked into the Secret Garden!
    Looks photogenic to me...
    What an embarrassment, One Utama is only 30 minutes drive from my house.

    Thanks,
    Wong

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a wonderful garden. It's amazing to find this lush garden on a rooftop. I'm glad it is open to the public and that you were able to share it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic secret garden, like paradise on a rooftop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very glad to see something like that at the top of a shopping mall in KL. Let it grow, let it grow, let it grow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful spot, thanks for showing it to us

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful garden. Looks like a Paradise.
    I wish you a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a lovely place to visit! I must make a note in my travel diary. I love parks and gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is hard to believe that that garden is in the midst of any shopping complex! I can only imagine what a treat it would be to abandon the crowds and contemplate a bit of nature's peace there.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. If I'm ever in the area, that will definitely be on my list. What a wonderful photo essay.

    http://healingmagichands.wordpress.com/2011/01/08/photohunt-free-week-rubys-obsession/

    ReplyDelete
  19. They looks so beautiful. Thanks for sharing and happy hunting.

    Mine is here

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a beautiful garden. What a wonderful idea to put a garden on the top of a shopping center. And Malaysia is a perfect place for it. If we ever get back, this is definitely on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, this roof top garden is amazing! marvelous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing! On the roof! What fun it must be to actually see it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful gardens!

    http://mudpuddle.wordpress.com/2011/01/08/photo-hunt-free-week

    ReplyDelete
  24. That archway tunnel thing certainly reminds me of secret garden, lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG! I didn't know got Botanical Garden in One Utama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ahhhh so u were here in PJ last Christmas woo hoo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm going to ask B abt this botanical garden, see if he's aware of it or not.. ha ha ha ha... me so blur! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I hope u had a wonderful time here in PJ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. strange. i've been there but never been there. you get what i mean.

    ReplyDelete